Mar 18, 2006

the most important is what's inside your heart

The music that lingers inside my head:
"The world is our playground and we will always be home" by UpdharmaDown

"You're my sunshine
My occasional rain..."

I read an e-mail or rather a message from a yahoo group last five days ago about a certain home for the special children and physically challenged which in need of volunteers who we're musically inclined and have the necessary skills to teach musical instrument (i.e. piano and guitar) I gave it a try and called the number. After a few conversations, I'll be expected to be at the place by monday morning (march 20) just for a visit. The founder also requested me to sing and play the guitar for them. waahhh!!!

I'm excited to meet the people around the institution or rather the people which makes the place a home. Yet I also felt scared or fear. Fear that I might not be able to teach well and be effective. Fear that they might be expecting a musical genius, which I'm not.

Yah, I once or twice taught guitar to my friends however this time, it's a different manner. Though I never considered them(the children) "different" from anybody but I'm thinking ways now on how to impart my knowledge and my love to play the guitar. It would be difficult, indeed. Nevertheless, it would be my little contribution to the society. I'm no rich guy, I rarely eat five times a day and I tremble. So why do it? Is it a calling? perhaps. Yet I do know for sure, I can find my personal growth with them. Teach and you also shall be taught. I may recieve less but what's important is what I can do NOW. My talent is all I have to share.

The head/founder once asked me "why do you want to volunteer?". I said "Maybe it is my calling..." then she said "Bakit? magpapari ka ba?" =) hehehe...

*Anyone who's interested to make friends with them may call the divine mobile center for music at 433 55 52 - look for Tita Sanchez