May 29, 2006

Cake

The music that triggers my nerves to feel relaxed was "The Blower's Daughter" by Damien Rice

"...And so it is
Just like you said it would be
Life goes easy on me
Most of the time

And so it is

The shorter story
No love, no glory
No hero in her sky..."


I just had my birthday last May 23rd. It went great! Despite the unextravagant of the meal I prepared, it turned out so well and it isn't just happy. Napaka simple lang. For the first time in my history, walang birthday cake.

However, the people who greeted me before and after that day, was more sweet than the icing. The cream and the springkle of M&M's on the cake was figuretively provided by my band mates who were present from lunch time until night. We sang our hearts out with the magic sing. astig!

Pangit ang cake kapag walang mga icing na bulaklak at cherries! These are my friends from the blog, updharmadown yahoo groups and iya & bianca forums.

The cake base itself was my family and The Almighty One. Need not to explain more.

Then the candle was figuretively my twenty four years of experiences, hardships, trials, errors , dreams, love, and hopes.

Birthdays were not just a time for celebrations, foods and drinks. It was also a time to reflect about the year that was and the years that will come. This will help you understand and be sensitive to your own life as well.

Like some people do proclaim, "Life starts at 24!"

Well, honestly, I feel like 21! =)

Sa mga mahal ko, minahal ko, at mamahalin ko, salamat! =)