Sep 3, 2006

Ang Bagong Luma

The music that lingers in the space provided is "King Of Wishful Thinking" by GoWest

"I'll get over you I know I will
I'll pretend my ships not sinking
And I'll tell myself I'm over you
Cause I'm the king of wishful thinking.."

I was once again in the midst of searching. A few minutes ago, I've finished a book by Alice Sebold "The Lovely Bones". It was once the best selling book in year 2002. Thirty four weeks in the number one spot of The New York Times. This is an old book which was newly introduced to me.

If you somehow wondered the relationship of the title from my first paragraph, it is because the next few paragraphs are all old new discoveries I have made for the past weeks of unblogging. I guess someone out there, like me, had experienced this also. Or I guess we just love to contradict ourselves more each day. I found these contradictions so addicting that I can not help but to wonder all of these contradictions flowing each in each of us. One might be reading my blog right now, instead of doing something more important. Or perhaps a doctor you saw lit up a cigarette and shares a stick to a collegue. These things are just my wild observations.

Back to "Bagong Luma", I've been searching some new songs that were old to my ears lately. Take into consideration the song above. I know not all of you recognize the song. It's I think a a a nineteen eighties song.

More on bagong luma...

-People were recently going crazy about the APO revival songs.
-I rekindled my addiction to an old PC game called "Counter Strike"
-I read some love letters that I was planning to burn but decided not to.
-I'm rediscovering my relationship with my electric guitar.
-I am now the new editor-in-chief from where I am studying.
-I have read almost a dozen novels in less than two months.
-I recently found out that there's no student discounts on PUJ's every weekends.
-I watched a classic Audrey Hepburn film "Roman Holiday"

and... I was blessed to meet and greet one of the greats in Original Pilipino Music:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting