Feb 2, 2007

The Man Who Introduced Me To Dante And Poe

Tell me I'm not dreaming. The New York Times Best Selling Author replied to my email?! wow. Fantastic.

This was my email to him:

At 09:55 PM 1/16/2007, you wrote:

Dear Mr. Pearl,

Mabuhay!

Thank you so much for giving us two interesting books. I would never know Poe and Dante without your highly mysteriously-charged novels! I also bought The Murders In Rue Morgue for a companion reading material for the Poe Shadow. However, there is no availabilty here of your work in Inferno translated by H.W. Longfellow.

I would also like to take this oppurtunity to ask you about your coming tour (if there are any plans) here in the Philippines? When shall it be?

And I would also like to ask you if Bonjour's character wa
s based to any characters from E.A. POE or from any historical facts? You failed to
mention her on the last few pages on the historical notes of The Poe Shadow.
Also for suggestions...

I hope you could seek and wrote a novel reg
arding Milton's Paradise Lost or anything about St. Thomas Aquinas.

May You be Showered with more blessings this year!

Your Admiring Reader,
Florencci A. Adona



And this was his reply:


Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:21:50 -0500

Hello Florencci,

Thank you so much for your email, both for the kind words and taking the time to write them. I am so happy to have such a nice email from the Philippines and I do hope I will be able to visit your country. I have never been there, and although I do not have any plans yet that would allow me to visit, I hope I will in the future.

In reply to your question, Bonjour is fictio
nal, although that type of criminal (a "Bonjourier") was real.

Again, I'm thrilled to count you as a supporter.

Yours,

Matthew


His Works Which I Already Have: