Feb 16, 2007

Observing Fourteen

I went to Farmers Plaza and Gateway Mall yesterday. It seems like the business of love was purely in heightened mode. Hotels were offering discounts, fancy restaurants were full, every couple has their own way of holding their special someone with a distinct air attitude, almost all women had roses in their hands that makes you see as if they are making a statement like "Screw you singles! You all suck!" or "It's a big deal, for us girls, that guys have to give us something for valentine's day!" They were happy. And I think they were the ones who deserved to be greeted "Happy St. Valentine's Day". Or perhaps pretending to be happy.

Then there were the singles like me. I looked into their faces and saw their observations also to others. I am not alone. Some I observed were sighing, creating a fake smile when couples pass them by. While some, they don't mind at all. For them, it's just another day exploded with an event full of reds, hearts and roses.

I knew there were some people who thought and sighed, like me, and asked, "Where are you, soulmate?"

Biglang sumabay ang radiyo at nagsalita...

"it harts! it harts! yu no!"

And then followed by a song...

"Don't Stop Looking for Love" by Boyzone

Focryin'outloud! Hahahah! Nasira ang momentum kong mag observe at napakamot na lang sa ulo. =)

Oh for the life of me!