May 30, 2007

"Two Sides" by ccigaux adona

Warning to the reader: This is a short story filled with fictitious characters, settings and words not suitable for the very young minds. Parental Consent is advised.

Odd Beginnings.

The sky was clear and the rush hour had passed when a car screeched in the pavement and stopped at the gasoline station, and it seems it had no intention at all to fill up her slick automobile. The driver's seat was occuppied by a fuddled... or looked like a fuddled woman, almost in tears, and listening not intently to the sound of Mariah Carey's version of "Without You." She's as if in dysphoria and focused on something inside her head. She heaved an unrelieved sigh.

This is the fifteenth time I was left again by a fuckin' guy, she thought. He's such a jerk! No... an insensitive, imbecile, good-for-naught guy who... who... left me for his God or whatever he call him. I mean... why?

"I can't live..." boomed by the radio.

Why do I have to experience being left out for fifteenth fucking time?! she thought.

"...If living is without you..."

I don't comprehend the fact that God is more important to him! she reckoned.

"...I can't live..."

The last time before this happened, a guy left me for some girl as well! she recalled.

"...I can't give anymore..."

I can't take this anymore! she thought while she cried and punched unintentionally the wheel and the horn of her car sounded as if an explotion broke out.
...And then she realized that she was already singing out the final chorus of the song.

Suddenly, a faint idea strucked her. She wants to end her life.

While focusing her thoughts about the idea, she noticed someone standing a few meters away from where her car parked. A bystander whom she thought waiting for a public vehicle. It was a guy. She glanced at her watch, it was almost midnight.

"why not bring someone else with me and end this person's life as well?" she murmurred.

"Hey you!" she shouted.

The guy glanced and met her eyes for a couple of seconds. Then looked away.

=====

The night was clear and the sky was filled with the brightest of stars when a person from a car shouted at him as if he had done something not nice. He glanced for a few seconds and then looked away.

Sorry. I don't talk to strangers. He thought as if the person inside the vehicle can read his mind.

What were the odds to encounter such a person at this time of the night who has a loud Mariah Dion sound tuned in. He thought. And besides, I'm on my way to home.

While his mind's arguing whether it's irrational to be near with a total stranger, the woman in the car decided to drive pass the guy so that she'll be in a position to talk without shouting.

"Mr. Stranger, I'd like to end my life with someone. Are you available?" She said in a very casual way.

The guy was surprised though he learned how to hide his emotion in a very odd instance.

"Maybe." He said. "What do you have in mind?"

"I don't know. But if you're kind enough to join me here inside the car and talk about it so that I won't looked like I'm hooking up with some... some... uhmm... damn prostitute."

The man couldn't conceal his silence and shock to such pretense. He went to the passenger's seat, opened the door car, and closed it. And for awhile silence emerged.

"You're a classic." said the guy in an unlikely way while looking directly to the windshield.

(To be continued)