Aug 26, 2007

"Famished"

Hear me, I beg you
My insides growls
Synonymous to a tiger
Angry and afraid

Sleeping is my brandy
Yawning is my peanuts
The more I dream
The more I feel full and contented

Still, lips are cracked
Like a wood
Weathered by the drips of rain
And excruciating heat of the sun

The bed is my rice
The blanket is my hot soup
Cooked by the hours of waiting
Waiting to be lifted by your grace

And yet I still feel
Less and Unheard
Thumbing every bead
For an aid that may not come

I need to act
I need to survive
Survival is a luxury
Purchase me one, please?

I can count the days no more
For what is the use of counting?
When every day is a blessing
And a curse at the same time

Hear me, Hear me
A hero or a villain may take heed
Every day a shelter might be taken away
The time ticks like a time bomb

Tick-Tack, Tick-Tack
Is that a sound of a grand father clock?
Nay, it's someone's tummy
Who dreams he's in a barrio fiesta

Flesh is weak, yet the Soul is strong
Friends of the north and the south
The West of plenty and the east of drought
Clasp your hands and kneel with I

-Ccigaux Adona