Jan 29, 2008

Sunday Sharin' No. 4: On Being Ill and a Couch Potato

I am sick. Cough and Colds to be exact. So I guess there's nothing I can share premium about the week I had. Or the week that would come. I'm sick of being sick. I can't sleep peacefully because every while I coughed and I tried not to, for about a minute. But my throat becomes itchy. And then suddenly, after all the efforts not to cough, I'm barking like a dog. Tears just flowed after that episode of coughing. I looked like I watched Maalala Mo Kaya a hundred times.

Having an unproductive life due to this illness, I decided to be a couch potato. Because my reading habits were also devastated. (imagine yourself reading and disturbed by a series of cough). Since we never had a cable subscription before, I took the chance to fill my brains with shows from ETC on SBN 21 and C/S on RPN 9. And Yes, I'm already out of the league because I began to be fond of these reality shows and drama anthologies, that was a hit years ago, just now. So here's the list of the shows I've been watching in a non-regular basis:

Queer Eye
One Tree Hill
Saturday Night Lights
The Tyra Banks Show
David Letterman
Heroes
Crossing Jordan
Eureka
Treasure Hunters
Forensic Files
Gilmore Girls
Stand Off
Women's Murder Club
24
Parental Control
Burn Notice
The Simple Life: Goes to Camp
Daily 10

Now I know WHY a number of Filipino youth were addicted to some of these shows. They're quite fantastic, informative, life-contemplating; and watching just once of these would be enough to watch it again and again depending on your mood.

And those were some benefits of being ill.