May 1, 2008

Of Sundays and Peace Be With You's

For us, family, we mostly spend our Sundays preparing to attend Mass and to hear the good word of our Lord. Proud to say, it has been our "Panata" to complete all Sundays of this year and hopefully for the coming years as well. So far, together, we haven't missed one yet.
But I can't help but notice the following when I went to hear the Mass:
1. Kapag papasok ka na sa pintuan ng simbahan, karamihan ng mga tao ay titingin sa'yo/sa inyo.
2. Hanggang sa magsimula na ang Misa at hanggang sa ito'y magwakas, kapag may mga bagong dating, they can't help not to look at the newly arrived.
3. Longest song ever played is "Papuri sa Diyos". More than 4 minutes, I assume.
4. Most of the times, we sang the above-mentioned song frowning. Ironically, the song is upbeat and lively!
5. Through the beginning, until the time we say "Peace Be With You!", I mostly caught people frowning and in serious mode.
6. Mas mahaba ang pila ng communion kay Father kumpara sa mga Lay Men. I still wonder why, up to this day.
7. Grandiosity of every Church is still quite obvious these days. Pagandahan. Papogian. Palakihan.
8. Genuflect in the middle not on the sides.
9. We worship the ideals, not the idols.
I hope that that part of the Mass in which we say our PEACE with one another, would be moved to the beginning of the Mass. Imagine people going to mass smiling in the beginning until the time we leave the Holy place?
If only God will give me just that one hour, the power to hear and grant some of the prayers I can't barely hear. The wishes that mostly comes from the silent whispers of a person who nearly breaks his/her eye balls due to shutting their eyes too much, it'll be an oppurtunity for me to put a smile on their faces, just for this Sunday. Granting every prayer reasonable and worthy of being granted.
I can't imagine a life without Sundays.