Apr 3, 2008

The Used and The User

Have you ever been used by people you know and you do not know very well? Weather indirectly or directly? And weather you're aware or not about it? What's more worst, being aware that you're being used or not?

I was being used so many times. Yung iba, kinalimutan ko na, yung iba, parang biglang bumalik sa isipan.

Not too long ago, a group of students from a prominent University needed a person who could appear on a video that they will shoot for academic purposes. Meaning... for thesis.

I volunteered, yes, for the purpose of helping them, since I've been on that student stage were you're so pressured to do things necessary for a major subject. And I volunteered, knowing that I would have newly found so-called friends.

Their thesis went by quite alright. They thanked us, my friends, for helping them. They said that they wouldn't know what to do if weren't for us... blah! blah! blah!

And then that's it. The communication stopped. Dumaan na dun sa puntong parang 'di na nila kami kilala.

At naglaho na silang 'sing bilis pa sa bula.

Nakakalungkot lang isipin. haayyy...

I have been forewarned about these kind of people in precollege times. Unfortunately, the warning didn't served me well. Because I didn't see it coming.

So which user/used are you, the one you're aware of it, or the one you're not?