Apr 28, 2009

1 message received


In lieu of Mother's Month on May, I decided to spoil that event and just share what I have received last 18 April, on a beautiful yet exciting saturday. I was in the mall competing on a tournament.

I was playing a card game (refer photo above) when I received a text message from our mother, which is now in California with my young brother. They went there December last year.

What I read made me smile. That even if I lost on that tournament(I placed 92 out of 135 players ), my day was filled with enthusiasm and cheers, that no sad thoughts could punch my mind and pierce my heart. My ears are filled with good music.

Here's the exact message from my mom, which I find it surprising in a good way:

mama_dear: Hello ank i mssd u so much, pls work on your birth certificate together with ur kuya gavin. I mssd d two of u. Take care and GOD BLESS.

Simple? Yeah. Why am i surprised, if you may asked? Because I know our mom very well. She's not the typical mother who is wordy and emotional when it comes to her sons. A strong woman with a bunch of extraordinary experiences being a pre-school teacher. Sometimes, mababaw ang luha. But she's rarely sweet especially on text messages.

A heart melted that day. It was mine.
Someone was smiling all throughout that day. And it was I. :)