Apr 24, 2009

Life is...
















...only as good as the memories we make." -The Ataris


This single line from the song "So Long, Astoria", depicts how powerfully depressing memories could be. Especially if you're trying to muster one fine happy thought that may conjure a Patronus. We all have just a few happy thoughts e. Why's that? But on the lighter note, it also shows what we were before. It makes you re-asses things clearly, and you'll eventually say.. "Ahh.. ganito pala ako noon?" It will also make you ask, "does life way much better now than 10 years ago?"

As I looked at these memories printed on a glossy paper, I can't help but to compare the one smiling before me and the one who's holding the photo and thinks that he could have pass for "That's My Boy" contest...


...only if I was brave enough to ask my Ama to bring me to the studio.
but the problem would be...

Joey De Leon: Ano talent mo, Hijo?

The 6 years old me: Wala po.

Joey De Leon: E ba't nandito ka?
The 6 years old me: Kasi po wala ako doon. :-D

Sigh, the shulda, wulda, culda's of life. :-)

I believe that every person has this one shot to become someone more than just his/her usual self.

------

I wondered, what if there's no such thing as memories?