Apr 15, 2009

Describe Your Summer In One Word...

There's something about summer that makes summer so immaculate.

A three hour drive from Manila to the destination beach? It could be.
The scorching heat? Probably.
The safety roads on the way or way back home? That's one.

But one thing's for sure that I notice to each and every one of us who experienced summer,
its fullness of life...





I will no longer wonder why people in this 7, 100 plus islands are so insanely excited about
summer. And it may be Holy week, but I'm sure that our dear Lord up above have given us
whole year (minus 7 days) to make pain-driven sacrifices and remember His Son, our Savior, in exchange for a week with family and friends...







Yet, there's always an option for you to go alone...

Or get lost somewhere...

Or just surrender your shades...

And be a hermit...


Who wants to be alone on a summer, anyway?


-Overture-

I believe that the closest thing to be with God is to be with mother nature.

I regard summer as an escape to the inescapable turns of my life. That was before I had been humidified by the saltiness of the sea, held my seat on a vehicle due to a hundred and fifty kilometers per hour speed, and by the smell of sunblock on my skin.

Summer should never ever be an escape.

IT SHOULD ALWAYS BE SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO.



This is us grabbing life the way He wants us to spend it...





And...
this is me...

...reaching the happy clouds, unrelenting sun and the thoughts of not being there, and

wishing you were here...


Surely there's something about my summer that makes my summer so divine and worth thanking for...

My dear speed-loving buddy, you have so many friends and it means a lot that I got this rare chance to be with you, guys!

What a road trip we had way back! Way back home concluded the trip in a very unique fashion: having an eye for photography, creepy eerie roads, nasty windshield and a car radiator that made us anxious! :)

and of course.. the 90's pop music... lol!



in these photos: Cali, Joan, Dennis and Yours truly.