Mar 14, 2010

The Hundredth Mistake


A boy dreamt about his soul mate again for the 3rd time. It's as if he don't want to let her go that instance. They were on a bus trip. She was leaning her head on his shoulder while the boy gaze at the passing of endless greens and pavements. The boy spoke.

Boy: "I need to ask you this before I wake up. This is the third time I dreamt about you. And I might not going to get a chance to dream about it again. How on earth will I ever find you?"

A pause.

Suddenly she spoke, calmly, as if she was about to fall asleep.

Girl: "Count a hundred mistakes. It will lead you to me."

A tinge of her voice would tell that she was smiling after she said that. He smiled back.

And then the boy woke up and started counting.


Appreciate not just the right ones you made but also the mistakes you've made. Because that one mistake can lead you to another and another and another, until each mistake will lead you to something good. For a lifetime. Each reasonable mistake is meaningful on it's own. And when the wrong one comes along, the right one might suddenly appear; either to save you or break you or to ruin the wrong.
You can never tell unless you made that mistake.

---

It's 7:29am and I'm going back to sleep. Go figure. :)