Dec 9, 2013

Thinking Bell

It's almost 2 in the morning. I'm back here blogging. Or thinking. Or putting up in public what I think/thoughts. It might help lift the heaving things I've been thinking.

You know what I'm thinking lately? Past dreams. Not the dreams that we encounter while sleeping. The dreams we plan for. Or looking forward to. The things that kept you going. The drive, some say. It pops every time I take a leak or dropping a shit. It also comes out when I'm on a bus or a traffic-long ride home or to somewhere. I also think about these thoughts whenever I'm alone at work.

Lately, at a mall, I thought about the time before that establishment closes. I wonder how it was when a mall so crowded and noisy, becomes slowly quiet as the closing time comes up. Imagine this: you're standing in a corner where you see the vastness of the mall and the crowd walking in each other's different directions. Some goes left. Other goes right. Minding their own life. Each of them carrying something. Each of them going somewhere they were ought to go. And some of them just trying to go with the flow and never plans on where or which shop or restaurant to stop. Too many choices. Malls giving us what it is supposed to do: Giving us many choices.

As the time goes by and most are leaving, a few lights goes out. The noise slowly, patiently lifts away. The noise seems like a thing of the past. It left after the last person's footsteps goes away to the nearest exit. As the railings of the door shuts down, all is left was the echoes of what has happened that day and the remaining cold from the last Freon from a nearby air conditioning. And then a deafening silence.